UWA - NEDLANDS FOOTBALL CLUB
Technical Director – Men & Junior Boys
Purpose of Role; To ensure all male players are receiving appropriate coaching in line with direction from the Management Committee and Junior Committee
Key areas of Responsibility
- Ensure adherence to the FFA curriculum across all areas of club, including Junior Boys (from age 12 plus), all State League Teams and Amateur Teams.
- Develop & deliver club curriculum in line with FFA
- Ensure player development is always paramount whilst promoting a winning attitude
- Appointment of all coaches for Junior and Men’s teams ( The State League coaches appointment shall remain the responsibility of the Club President )
- Ensure there is regular communication between relevant coaches eg Mens 1st team coach with, Reserves and U18’s coaches.
- Ensure all coaches are receiving ongoing appropriate training in line with FFA and clubs guidelines.
- Regular visits to all Junior and Senior training and games to ensure, all coaches are delivering appropriate training to teams and groups, in relation to their age and/or ability.
- Responsible for all grading within Junior teams in line with UWANFC grading policy, working with the appropriate coaches.
- Provide feedback to coaches on areas of development, in relation to training sessions, match days and further FW training.
- 1 on 1 reviews with all coaches – minimum 2 per year
- Work with the Head of GrassRoots Development to ensure club policy and training is as per Junior Committee grading policy, Coaches, Players and Parents Code of Conduct.
- Deal and respond to all coaching disputes and parent complaints/questions in relation to coaches and coaching techniques.
- Communicate with parents and players when required to
- Ensure relevant Gk training is given to all teams.
- Experience in team coaching
- Organisation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Motivational and Mentoring Skills
- Clear communication skills – written and verbal
- Qualifications - Minimum Youth C licence – preferably B licence