UWA - NEDLANDS FOOTBALL CLUB
Club Physiotherapist Announcement
I am delighted to announce the appointment of Katie Holtham from Beatty Park Physiotherapy as the UWA Nedlands Football Club physiotherapist.
Katie finished the 2016 season as the centre half for the Perth Glory women. She is a tough, formidable and skilful defender, who has lived the footballers’ dream as follows:
• FA Women’s Cup Runner Up medals in 2007 with Charlton Athletic Ladies and 2008 with Leeds Carnegie Ladies
• Premier League Cup Winners Medal 2010 with Leeds Carnegie Ladies
• League Winners Medal 2011 with Buffalo Flash (Currently Western New York Flash)
• Notts County Ladies FA Women’s Super League 2014 -2015
• Chelsea Ladies FA Women’s Super League 2014–2016
• Captain England Women’s Football U17, U19, U21 and U23 levels
• European Championship Finals Hungary 2005
• England Women’s 1st Team Senior Squad (2010 – 2012)
• Perth Glory Women 2012 Players’ Player of the Year Award
Professionally, Katie was a physiotherapist at Nottingham Forest for 4 years with their U21s and Academy teams– implementing programmes and injury prevention to athletes at the top of their game. She has also provided a functional yoga programme for juniors.
In short, Katie and her team will:
• Attend training every Tuesday night at 6pm from 12 April 2016 in our UWA Sports Park club rooms for the initial free treatment of any injuries from the weekend for all UWANFC players- joeys, juniors, seniors, masters, male and female
• Provide physiotherapy and compulsory medical cover for the men’s State League teams every Saturday
Katie’s team at the Beatty Park Physiotherapy Centre is keen to extend their involvement with the world game. This team includes John Annear, the former AFL player and current AFL junior coach. Both John and Katie are passionate about sport, coaching and ensuring athletes are able to perform at their optimum.
The Beatty Park Physiotherapy Centre offers the following:
• ongoing physiotherapy treatment at a 20% discount at the Beatty Park centre which has its own gym, pool, grassed playing area and video analysis facility;
• injury prevention classes;
• warm up/injury prevention drills;
• hydro recovery and fitness sessions; and
• muscular, skeletal screenings (MSK); these are used by professional clubs to identify player structural/functional issues and implement individual remedial programmes.
Please welcome Katie and her team to your Club.
Introducing Katie Holtham
BSc (Hons) Physiotherapist
BSc (Hons) Applied Sport and Exercise Science